Say No to High Heels



            They say – you look gorgeous in the new saree, that diamond necklace adds shine to your shine, your long hairs like the waves of waterwall, your eyes and its kajal – like the deep valley . The entire Bollywood industry is full of songs/actions/dramas dedicated to ladies and their accessories...like kajal, kajra, kangna, choodi, bindi, nathni….But do we ever wait a second and reflect? Does my beauty and my talent is determined and accessed by what I wear??


        Conservatives or moderates, both alike majorly assess a women’s bauty by her dress-ups and makeups . Conservatives will suggest and like her wear Sarees which all of us would agree exposes the best curves of her body … whole female figure stands the best exposed in sarees. Moderates and forwards are none the less.. short skirts, minis, tight blouses, jeans all to ensure the female body and its figure is appealing. For that matter even the ladies business suits. Did we ever observe the difference between a ladies and a gents formal suit? Formal get up of a business women - the ladies blazers, a small one, with curves and fittings; high heels sandals, and off course with all the MAC makeups:) but do we ever realize, all these so called notions of beauty set up by people and gracefully accepted by we the women, make our life so troublesome?


        The comfort that I could have in my sports shoes and the efficiency I could gain instead of walking in heels, is far better. I will be more productive and least distracting if I could be to work in my normal trousers and shirts.  I will more productive as a home makes without these choodi, bindi, payals etc which keep on making that irritating sounds, be it while I cook, I wash my dishes, I do my laundry etc. I will be least of distracting and will not have to bear the scorching heat or the chilling cold, if I have covered dresses instead of my micros and minis. But because we have been so cleverly convinced of these beauty symbols & these have been so properly instilled in our thoughts; we will bear all the inconveniences to look beautiful in people’s eyes.


The best way to victimize someone is to ensure that the victim feels glorified in her victimization – Boom!! And I feel that’s the way we as women are perfectly handled. We will have problems walking, we will have backache/spine problems, we will have reduced speed and efficiency, but we will still celebrate high heels, since these are a beauty/ status symbol. We will spend our entire savings on buying jewelries since we feel they make us beautiful. We will go the extra mile to stuff our entire dressing rooms with all the branded makeups thinking and convincing ourselves of appearing gorgeous via make up. The entire cosmetics industry, Jewellery industry and corporations primarily owned by men are running/progressing only on our wrong notions of beauty. Lets step back a little and accept and celebrate who we are and not what other want us to .


I am beautiful, I am Diva and I do not need high heels to make me feel so:)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oman Tour (جولة)

Dubai through my eyes

Safety Vs Livelihood